SPECIAL EDITION – ASIAN THREE-FOLD MIRROR: REFLECTIONS
In dialogue with Janice Koh
Directed by Brillante Mendoza, Isao Yukisada, and Sotho Kulikar, Asian Three-Fold Mirror: Reflections is anomnibus feature film initialed by the Tokyo International Film Festival and the Japan Foundation Asia Centre that encourages the potential of cross-cultural exchange between Southeast Asia and Japan.
In this special edition of New Waves, we invite actress Sharifah Amani to share her experience working with Isao Yukisada on the segment Pigeon, the director’s homage to the late Malaysian director Yasmin Ahmad which was shot in Penang. In dialogue with established actress and former Nominated Member of Parliament Janice Koh, Sharifah will provide her personal insights into the convergence of filmmaking practice from both countries, the lessons learnt, as well as the challenges faced in this unique cross-cultural exchange.
This session is expected to end at 10.30pm.
SHORT FILM SCREENING
• Reflections: Asian Three-Fold Mirror (Director: Brillante Mendoza, Isao Yukisada, and Sotho Kulikar / Japan, Malaysia, Cambodia, Philippines / 2016 / 118min)
• A fully refundable fee of $5 is charged for each ticket booking.
• On the event, simply present the e-ticket at the Front-of-House desk. The refund will be processed electronically via Peatix. Otherwise, the ticket will be forfeited.
• Registration closes on 25 July 2018, 6pm. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date, no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund be done after the credit card cut-off date, Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
• Peatix accepts VISA, Master, Paypal and AMEX.
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org / +65 6509 4749